I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Changes We Make...

I am trying to do right by my unborn child. Trust me, this is not easy - especially when it comes to food. Our fridge is currently stocked with perishable food items that need to be eaten within the week or they'll have to be tossed. We're typically the type of people who purchase groceries once every other month. We love fresh fruit, but when you shop that infrequently, it's not around for long. But now I'm eating for two. So yesterday we went grocery shopping and dropped $160+ on food. The majority of which are veggies and fruits. There are cucumbers, green beans, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, celery, potatoes, red grapes, bananas, oranges, grapefruits and even a mango. WOW. If you know me, you'll know that I do NOT like veggies. I'm a super picky eater. But, this is a sacrifice that I'm making for Pumpkin:

This was my Supper! Sliced cucumbers, green beans and a 12 grain tortilla with shredded mushrooms and old cheddar cheese inside it. Somehow I managed to eat the entire thing (minus one green bean) without getting sick. But I would just like to make note of how much I did not appreciate this meal. I'd rather be eating deep fried chicken fingers, onion rings and a homemade white roll smothered in real butter and dipped in chicken gravy. Sigh.... This is my life!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! And if you need a little extra support sometime when Turkey Butt isn't around you know where to find me :)

    ReplyDelete

Views