I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book Review

I got this one for Christmas from Turkey Butt. I knew it'd be a quick read so it had been staying around the bottom of my pile. But, while sick in bed all week, and after finishing the previous book (My Life as an Experiment by A.J. JACOBS) in a day, I thought it would be right up my alley. As with the last, I finished it in a day (it's a short read). It was a good mixture of the quotes that have become so popular and longer stories of Justin Halpern's upbringing with his snark, blunt and borderline rude father. I laughed out loud at many sections and would recommend it as a light read to someone with some time on their hands, and in need of a good laugh. Not as great as I expected but not mediocre either. As far as comedic books go, start with A.J. Jacobs and if you've got the time, throw in a little Justin Halpern. Or just tune into the TV show of the same name, same laughs and wit, but only half an hour of your time. This is my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views