I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review

The first short story is heart-wrenchingly moving. And the movie that was created based on it is lovely. It is worth picking up with book for it alone. Sadly, that is all there is to it in my opinion. The second story was tolerable though it didn't catch my attention. The third story was so hard to follow that I gave up on it, and the rest of the book, about halfway through.

I'd never read anything by Alice Munro before and, I'll be honest, I only bought this one for the one story. I think i'd need a really great recommendation from someone before I pick up another one of her books. Sadly I prefer the movie to the story which never happens to me. Oh well... On the the next book. This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views