Turkey Butt and I finally moved into our “First Place”! So far, I must admit that it is absolutely fantastic. As is the free reign I am given to buy more stuff to fill the apartment. Like this brand spanking new laptop that I’m using to type this post. FANTASTIC! I’m hoping this will lead to more blogging! Lisa, I wish you weren’t so anti-Facebook so I wouldn’t have to save all of my new apartment pictures onto the new computer! Until I get around to that…
Turkey Butt and Elle – A relaxing day at the Cottage!
This is my life :)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
I swear that Turkey Butt is one of the clumsiest people that I know. This, added to the fact that he works as a chef in a hot kitchen 6 days a week, causes me an excessive amount of stress. He also happens to be very bad about informing of his numerous injuries, as you will soon read.
One night I got a text that essentially said, "I may need to go to the hospital." After an hour of unanswered texts and calls, I found out that he slipped on ice spilled from the ice machine and didn't end up at the hospital. Another night, I received a phone call along these lines, "Since you said you wanted to know these things, I'm calling to tell that I burnt my face pretty bad. I'll let you know if I have to go to the Emergency Room." That night it was another hour before I got the back story and realized that he didn't require medical treatment. But hey, at least he called...? Earlier this week, I got a series of texts informing me that he burnt his hand really bad and got to go home early. He spent that night with his hand in a bucket of cold water as he slept.
Cut to today...
About two hours after he left for work today, I get a call from TB asking me if I had any small bandaids in my Jeep's First Aid Kit. Since I've gotten used to his clumsiness, I simply told him "I don't want to know", hopped into the Jeep and drove to his workplace. Upon arriving I find Turkey Butt with a fairly deep gash (and large bump) going horizontally across the bridge of his nose. While laughing, I cleaned and bandaged the wound. Then I got the story behind his "boxing injury" as I'm supposed to call it. Apparently one of the teenage dishwasher's was holding up a baking sheet for Turkey Butt to punch (he is an amateur boxer) but he didn't have a good grip on it. When TB hit it, the baking sheet somehow flew into his face and sliced open his nose.
Oye! This is my life...
I cannot express how THRILLED I am that Lisa from Happily Ever After In Seattle (http://happilyeverafterinseattle.blogspot.com) has awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award! Seriously Lisa, I just did my Lotto 6/49 Happy Dance! I must say that I'm feeling a little guilty about not blogging more. Luckily Turkey Butt just texted me from work to mention that his co-worker wants to sell his computer. There may be more blogging in my future after all.
Now, back to the award. To officially accept it, I must tell you 10 things about me. I hardly know where to begin...
1)I created a Facebook account for Turkey Butt so that my account would say "In A Relationship With Turkey Butt". The other morning he woke up and checked his Facebook. I've created a monster!
2)I like... the sounds of ice cubes clinking in a glass, warm clothes right out of the dryer, cold waves crashing over my bare feet, hugs that make me feel secure, men in uniform, falling asleep at the cottage before the music is done playing, my crazy family, etc. Sadly, it was only hard to write this because all I could think of were things I like involving food.
3) I HATE plastic bags! Even though I always manage to forgot my reusable bags when I go shopping, I still refuse to take any plastic bags. Much to Aych's chagrin, I will carry my purchases out in my arms and purse. Heck, isn't that what super sized purses are for?
4) I think that my little cousin Missy Moo is one of the funniest people I have ever met.
Missy Moo, Age 3:
"Cousin Elle, why don't you poop in your panties?"
"Where are you from?" - Cee (Missy Moo's older brother)
"From Mommy" - Missy Moo
" Where are you from, from Mommy?" - Cee
"The fabric store" - Missy Moo
"There's toilet paper in my Regina!" (during a road trip back from Regina).
5) Due to our crazy work schedules, Turkey Butt and I spend more time cuddling with our dog than with each other. Good thing she's cute...
and only drools a bit!
6) While at a local amusement park, Turkey Butt won me a stuffed bear (Beary Manilow). It is so 1950's... and I couldn't love the gesture more!
7) I know which days of the week my favorite home decoratings stores get new stock. I'm typically browsing their aisles so often that I can pick out each and every new item.
8) Next week I will be moving for the 33rd time (approx.) in my 25 years of life. I thought that I was finally at the point where I was tired of all the change. Then I found out that Turkey Butt would like to apply for the RCMP in the not too distant future and all of those forced moves excite me. Guess I really am a modern day gypsy.
9) Instead of buying every book I'd like to read, I've started reserving them from the library. Of course it's just my luck that I'll go weeks without a single book coming in for me and then receive half a dozen or so at once. I miss out on reading a lot of great books because I don't have enough time to read them all and don't care enough to re-request them. I'm currently staring down a copy of the new Stephen King novel. 1074 pages, 6 days til it's due, and 3 O/N's and an evening shift are standing in my way.
10) My fish, Hey Batta Batta Swing Batta Batta (Swisher for short), lives in the dirtiest tank imaginable. It's honestly gotten to the point where I may just buy him a new tank, just so I don't have to clean it for him!
I only have one blogger I'd like to award. In the hopes of encouraging her to blog more, I award Schmange at ...A Snapshot of my Life... (http://lifeisfullofrandommoments.blogspot.com/) with the Beautiful Blogger Award! Love you Aye.
This is my life!