I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book Review: Peak

This novel is written from the perspective of a 14 year old boy named Peak. It is written from his perspective as an assignment to pass his English class at school. Having read a few books on mountain climbing I can say this one was pretty good. It caught my attention, the characters seemed believeable and the story was interesting. It certainly was no Jon Krakauer but I still found it a good read.

As a brief overview, I will say that Peak was the son of two famous mountain climbers and began climbing at a young age. When he gets in trouble with the law, he gets sent overseas with his father where he becomes faced with the climbing opportunity of a lifetime, his 15 minutes of fame and a moral decision that no 14 year old should have to make. I will say no more. Just go out and reserve it from your library if this type of book is right up your alley. This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views