I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Review.



I am a huge fan of Alice Sebold. All of her work. This novel was no exception. From other reviews I've read, I take it that most people don't like this book based on two things that occur within the first few chapters - the main character, Helen, kills her dying mother and then has sexual relations with her best friends adult son. I wonder if people get so appalled by these acts that they immediately hate the Helen? If you keep an open mind (which may be easier for me because I face death on a regular basis in my line of work), I think Helen deserves our compassion (and perhaps pity), not our judgement. My only issue with the book as a whole was the ending. It leaves me wanting to know more!

This is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views