I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nose in a Book.

I wish that I had something meaningful to blog about. Heck, I'd settle for silly. Instead I'm engrossed in this book:

So engrossed, in fact, that I spent more than an hour in the tub last night reading it. Such an eye opener. Incase you're curious, it's about a journalist who wanted to see how people lived while working minimum wage jobs. It really just add's fuel to the fire already burning in my soul - that the working class has it the worst. In my opinion, people in the lowest class of people get alot of assistance from the government (more money back at tax time, more child tax benefits, welfare, etc.), and the upper "white collar" class enjoy a financial freedom if they don't spend frivolously. This leaves the working class (of which I definitely reside) who work their butts off their whole life and never have much to show for it. My husband has two jobs and I have held as many as 3 jobs at a time in the not so distant past and will have look for a second job when my maternity leave ends. But, because we're married we don't get GST cheques and we'll end up owing the government when we do our taxes. My husband and I live a nice life. We're very fortunate. We have one reliable vehicle that we share. We live in a very nice house. We have lots of food in our cupboards and we don't go without any needs. Usually we can even sneak a few wants in there too. That being said, we could have never done this on our own - even when we worked 5 jobs total. Our vehicle? Sold to us at a very reasonable rate by my Dad. Our house? Only possible because of a very generous loan from my Mom. Honestly, without her we would never have been able to save our down payment.

Wow, I didn't know I had that rant in me. I apologize. Anyway, Little Miss Elle is napping so I am going to get back to my book. This is my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views