I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Funny Thing About Parenting...

The funny thing about parenting is that just as you think you've scored a small victory, an overwhelming defeat is thrown at you. Last night Elodie slept from 7pm til 7am only waking up once. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever because a good night usually has her waking up 4 or 5 times throughout the night. I let myself think, hey this was nice. This parenting thing might not be so difficult afterall...

And then.......

Then today she refused to nap for more than half an hour at a time. From approx. 3pm to 6pm she screamed any time I put her down for a second. But it didn't end there, if I held her she'd cry and try to wiggle out of my arms. So I'd set her down, and she'd scream again. For 3 hours straight! Finally it was nearing her bedtime and gosh, she must be tired since she hadn't napped. But no! It is 10pm now and I've been trying to put her down for the last 3 hours. Once she fell asleep for about 20 minutes. Then the screaming continued. Screaming so loud she was losing her voice mid-scream. So I would go and retrieve her from bed, try to feed her a bottle, and then try to put her down again. Let's just say she is still awake.

Turkey Butt came home from work about ten minutes ago and wouldn't you know, she didn't scream for the first 5 minutes he was here. I felt like a drama queen. But then the screaming began. And so it continued until he brought her into the tub with him to splash around. I can only hope she goes to sleep soon because I am exhausted and get to do this "single" parenting thing again tomorrow. I am dreading the day that Turkey Butt begins his BMQ and is gone for a minium of 48 hours at a time. This is my life and I love it but oh gosh, this is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views