I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cosmetics Review: Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

Once Twice upon a time I worked the Cosmetics counter in a drugstore. Although I hardly ever wear makeup and wear it quite neutrally when I do, I would always find myself buying the latest makeup item to take home for a test drive. Actually trying the products myself made it alot easier for me to make recommendations for my customers. I actually miss that part of the job.

For this reason, I have decided to do a makeup review on a product I purchased this summer - Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm. I was hoping to wear red lipstick to my wedding so I picked up this item in the shade of Gothic. One end of the product is the "lipstain" and the other end is a really nice lip balm. I say lipstain in quotation marks because, honestly, it's nothing more than a red marker. Seriously. Not only that, but the product comes with no instructions. After looking at it for awhile, I decided to put on the stain (cough marker) first and then the balm over top.


Used it again today to give you an idea of the look.
 To apply, I coloured my lips in with the blood red marker, blotted a few times with a piece of toilet paper, and then applied the balm. You have to be super careful when applying because, in this case, you really do not want to colour outside of the lines.

I found the whole thing to be a pretty awful experience. I didn't like the colour, I don't like the marker-esque texture of the lipstain, and the worst part was that Turkey Butt refused to kiss me while I was wearing it. Needless to say it didn't make it into my wedding makeup routine.

Overall, I really just recommend that you skip this one. That being said, if anyone out there had luck with it, I'd love to hear about it! This is my life.

P.S. I've recently signed up for the Luxe Box - a monthly box of deluxe makeup samples. My first box arrives in March so hopefully I'll be able to post more makeup reviews in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views