I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"They're coming to get you Barbara!"

Our Haunted Housewarming was a HUGE success! The Zombie Prom theme was perfect! My bestest and I covered a few decades of Prom Queens. We had a zombie nurse on hand incase things got out of control and a zombie rockstar to enertain the masses. You know how unruly those zombie masses can be! I even snuck in a few zombie slow dances with Turkey Butt!


(Adora made a cute little lady bug)


(Zombie Elle and Zombie Turkey Butt)

(Night of the Living Dead)

(There was no shortage of Halloween inspired treats)

I think this will have to be a new tradition for Turkey Butt and I. It's certainly helping Halloween give Christmas a run for it's money in the Favorite Holiday category! But I won't be able to judge that til after my 2nd Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.

The best thing about the party was that we strategically scheduled a much needed mini-cation the following morning. So, Halloween night, after the party goers had gone home, we cleaned all the fake blood out of the tub and off the fridge. We took down as much as we could manage before we crashed for the night. Then the nex morning we just packed and left for a 36 hour mini-cation at the cottage. 

As hard as it was to leave the cottage, I knew we'd be rearranging the furniture and getting ready to decorate for Christmas. Rearranging and reorganizing things are always fun! Now i'm in the middle of our chaotic living room, staring down a pile of books, craft supplies and storage totes that need to be organized. BUT FIRST, a nap! This is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views