I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Planning Confession...

... I will not be dropping big bucks on my wedding! There, I said it. I know it completely goes against the grain (think shows like, Say Yes to the Dress where brides spend 20 grand on there wedding) but I'm a simple kind of girl. My engagement ring, for example, cost my wonderful fiance a whopping $200 (taxes in). Believe it or not, I picked it out of the Sears Wishbook.

Not spending $3,000 (the price on the vintage-esque ring I liked at the jewelry store) on a ring is such a stress reliever. I can jump into wedding planning and trip planning and just general life planning without wondering where the money is going to come from. Sure it's a cubic zirconia and not a diamond but you wouldn't know it. Most importantly, I get to spend the rest of my life with Turkey Butt and I wouldn't trade that for all the diamond rings in the world. This is my life!


(Sorry, not the best photo...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views