I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time to Relax.

So, I finally took the plunge and gave my two week's notice to the Nursing Home that I work at. I've enjoyed it and I love the ladies, but it's almost entirely overnights and it's at least an extra 3 shifts a week on top of my shifts at my other job. The real turning point was finding out we're getting two new residents who each require a lot of care. Working alone with 5 residents was exhausting enough, expecially if one was under the weather, but 7 residents is too much! So I gave my two weeks notice and my last shift will be January 31st. Honestly, I'm nervous about the reactions I will get from the owners and residents, but I am SO happy to have time to myself. I've been too exhausted to spend any time with my family and friends lately, and life is too short for that. So, in the words of my co-worker Cee, "Yay me!" This is my life!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats! We are both down to one job!!!! (well technically, I still have 3 other casual jobs) We will have time for each other.... So excited!

    ReplyDelete

Views