I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Difference A Year Can Make

One year ago today...
- We were still enjoying the secret that was our first pregnancy
- I enjoyed a turkey dinner at my grandparents house
- Turkey Butt was at work
-We were hosting a HUGE turkey dinner the following day at the cottage
- I arrived home and noticed I was spotting blood
- I called Turkey Butt up in a fit of tears saying, "I think something is wrong with Bun!"
- I called my Mama, let her in on our pregnancy secret, then told her the problem
- She called my sister to take me to the ER
- Turkey Butt met us at the ER
- We were there for hours before someone confirmed the worst, I was miscarrying our precious little Bun...

Today...
- Turkey Butt has to work
- We have no turkey dinner plans this year
- Turkey Butt and I are now an old married couple (a whole week and two days)
- Oh, and I am 37 weeks pregnant with Pumpkin!

It's amazing the difference a year can make! We will never ever forget our precious Bun, or the heartaache we shared over losing her/him. That being said, if we hadn't lost Bun we'd never have had Pumpkin. We are so madly in love with the baby girl that I am growing inside of me right now - I couldn't imagine my life without her. It's such a tricky situation - but I just have to believe that everything happens for a reason and it only made us stronger and more in love!

Happy Turkey Day to my fellow Canadians! This is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views