I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Monday, March 19, 2012

What's That? Another Recipe?!

I know, I know.. Another recipe. I swear that all I do lately is bake - well aside from the usual bum changing and baby feeding. I just had to share this recipe with you though. I am sitting here with a cinnamon-y scented house and wanted to share the love. Believe me, if I could somehow attach this scent to this blog post, I totally would.
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original recipe found in "1,000 Vegetarian Recipes" cookbook by Carol Gelles

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
               2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned oatmeal) I used quick oats
                  1 cup raisins I used 1 cup of a raisin/semi-sweet chocolate chip mixture
1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp water
                                     1 tsp vanilla extract I love me some vanilla and always use a generous splash!

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly grease (I use the paper that once covered my margarine square and rub it around the cookie sheets) 2 large baking sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oats and raisins (and chocolate chips); set aside.
3. In a large bowl (I throw it in my mixer), cream the butter or margarine. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, water, and vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients until completely combined.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons (onto the cookie sheets - obvious but I do like to state the obvious when others don't), leaving about 1 1/2 inches between cookies. Press with fork to flatten slightly (for a chewier consistency I don't flatten them with a fork).
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned on bottom. Cool on racks.

Variation: For crispier cookies, reduce water to 1 Tbsp and use quick-cooking oats (not instant) instead of rolled oats.


So there you have it! If you ever get around to making these cookies, please enjoy! And, take some advice from me and do yourself a favor, whip up a batch without the egg for cookie dough devouring purposes! Yum! This is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views