I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mary Kay

My Mary Kay order has arrived so I thought, in the spirit of blogging regularly, that I would update you all on what I got:
This is it! Hand delivered by my sweet coworker Kay just an hour or so ago. From left to right you're looking at Hydrate - a facial moisturizer from Mary Kay's new Botanical Effects line, Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs, and Satin Hands Fragrance Free Hand Cream.

I am so very excited about the new Botanical Effects line. If you're not familiar with Mary Kay products, they have the Velocity line which is aimed at teenagers mostly and they have the Timewise line which is aimed at diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Both excellent skin care lines (I should know, I had a facial using the Timewise line and have been rocking some Velocity samples while waiting for my order to get in) but I'm neither a teenager nor am I concerned about wrinkles yet. This is where the brand new Botanical Effects line comes into play! If you know me, then you know how much I enjoy saving the environment when I can (and let's be honest, occasionally only when it's convenient) so the fact that the box my product came in is made from recycled material and printed with soy ink makes me happy! I'm excited to test out this lotion once Turkey Butt gets home and I get the chance to hop into the shower.

Also exciting is the Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs. I'm a huge fan of mint foot lotion. I love the way the mint feels so cool and refreshing and tingly on my sore, achy feet. I will let you know how this product soothes my feet tomorrow as my sweet hubby has promised me a foot massage! Love!

The third and final product in my order is the one that I have had the opportunity to test out. I have such dry hands so as soon as I could, I tore into this product to test it out. On the back of the package it claims to be a nongreasy hand cream that leaves hands soft and silky - lasting 24 hours, even through several hand washings. My first impression was that it was indeed greasy. I can live with that though, so long as it gets the job done. So far I'm pleased with it. My hands do feel soft and silky as I sit here typing this. I'll let you know how it holds up to it's claim to last 24 hours! This is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views