I just put an old lady's maxi pad through the wash and all I can think is this is my life...

.

Monday, February 22, 2010

An Oldie, But A Goodie.

Oddly work has been fairly average these last few days so i'll share one of my favorite nursing home stories. It revolves around a 94 year old lady I'll refer to as Cranky Pants and our ongoing love/hate relationship!

One evening I was helping Cranky Pants swing her legs over the side of the bed so that she could get up. Even though she follows the exact same routine day in and day out, she likes to yell at you and complain the entire time. This evening it seems I was a pain in her neck (believe me, i've heard it all). This was our exchange:

Cranky Pants: You're a pain in my neck!
Me: Well you're driving me crazy but I still love you! Do you love me?
Cranky Pants: (smiles) Yeah! (punches me in the jaw)

Now I'm not sure how many of you have ever been sucker punched by a 94 year old woman, but contrary to popular belief, it really did hurt! Luckily, it makes for a pretty hilarious story and gives me awesome bragging rights. And now, whenever someone talks about Senior Abuse, I just laugh and think, If you only knew. This is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views